Terms and Conditions
- We invite you to print out these Terms & Conditions. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- RC Toy World is the trading name of eBargainsDirect Ltd.
- By purchasing from www.rctoyworld.co.uk you are entering into a legally binding contract and the following terms and conditions apply:
- As the products we offer are of a specialist nature, please ensure that you read our terms and conditions prior to placing your order.
- We accept no liability (to the fullest extent allowed by law) for the accuracy of information contained on the website or related adverts, which may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors including information obtained from live support operators and via email. However, this provision does not affect your statutory rights and remedies.
- Please note all specification and colours on our products are subject to change without notice. This does not mean that we will send you something different to what you have ordered it simply means that we have new products and versions of our products coming in all the time, so, for example, we may have a model available in only yellow which you order and receive and then a couple of weeks later we bring out the model in a red colour
- All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the product you have ordered is not available and we may offer an alternative product of equal or higher quality and value.
Credit Card Safety
- RC Toy World and our secure payment service provider Paypal, use the latest technology to protect your credit card information and do not release it to any outside organization. Credit card details from our online transactions are not stored by us at any point during the order process. Your credit card details are only used to approve your order and then destroyed. We do not store your credit card details with your order or your account.
- Our website uses 128-bit SSL industry standard encryption of your order and credit card details.
Refusal to Serve
- We reserve the right to refuse to supply any order placed without giving a justification. Placing an order via our web site does not constitute a contract until goods are dispatched from our premises. We reserve the right to cancel any sale after charging and prior to the goods leaving our premises, in which case a full refund of any amounts already charged will be made.
Mistakes and Corrections
- Due to the size of our site, it is possible at times that products may be incorrectly listed that are no longer available, have had a specification change, or are no longer available at the listed price. It is also possible for an incorrect price to be entered during the ordering process. We reserve the right to refuse to serve in these instances.
- All other orders are charged on the total basket weight of the products ordered. We have a tiered postage structure, so postage price is dependent on total wieght.
- Simply select the postal destination during checkout to see the postage charge for your order.
- The postal services and couriers we use do vary charges from time to time. We will endevour to keep our charges to a minimum but we do reserve the right to change postal charges when necessary.
RC Toy World Privacy Guarantee
- We will not rent or sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party. If you have purchased from our store, subscribed to one of our newsletters and entered any of our competitions, or advised us of your e-mail address we may occasionally update you on news and special opportunities via e-mail.
14 Day Money Back Guarantee
- All our items are sold with a 14 day money back guarantee provided goods are returned unopened and in all original internal and external packaging.
- Under the UK Distance Selling Regulations, you have 14 working days (after the day you receive your goods) to cancel the contract for your order with us.
- If you decide to cancel your order with RC Toy World, you must let us know by using our RETURNS form or email, quoting your order number.
- You willl need to return the entire order at your cost.
- The goods are your responsibility until they reach us. On receipt of returned goods, order will be inspected and a full refund issued provided goods are received in original internal and external packaging. RC Toy World reserves the right not to issue a full refund if the goods and packaging are not returned in the same condition as they were sent to the customer.
- Please ensure you package your return to prevent any damage to the items or boxes. If you fail to take reasonable care of goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value. It is your statutory duty to take reasonable care of the goods, therefore if the goods are returned in an unreasonable condition and free from any manufacturing fault, action to recover the cost will be taken against any breach by the consumer to take reasonable care of the goods.
- Please keep a copy of this notice in case of dispute. Postage costs of returning the item to ourselves is to be bourne by you. Please read the shipping cost to return goods terms.
- ALL REFUNDS ARE PROCESSED within 30 days - it is our aim to get your money refunded back to you as quickly as possible.
- No compensation payment or refund will be made for, but not limited to, disappointment, or time lost.
- Goods can only be returned to us after first contacting to discuss the problems.
- Once we believe that the problem is not fixable, we will advise you to return the product to us.
- The customer pays for return postage to us BUT if the product is found to be faulty, we will refund upto £10 postage.
- Postage refunds will be issued via the customer's original purchase method and shown as a refund against the original purchase.
- Postage refunds are only issued if the product is found to be faulty because of a manufacturer fault.
- Faults caused by customer misuse will not result in a postage refund.
- Additionally, if the fault is caused by the customer, additional charges maybe incured by the customer to fix the problem.
- We will advise the customer after we receive the product back on the nature of the fault.
Title and Risk
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you and we have received clear funds in full payment for the goods. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- We are not responsible if you cannot access the site properly or at all because of any event outside our control, for example (without limitation) the performance of your or our ISP, your browser or the internet.
- This site relies in part on software to work. Whilst we will monitor the site, we cannot guarantee that the site or any individual feature of the site will be error free, available all the time and/or free from viruses. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content. Nothing in these terms will affect any liability we may have: (a) for fraudulent misrepresentation; (b) for death or personal injury arising from our negligence: (c) under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; (d) for breach of any condition as to title or quiet enjoyment of or in relation to any goods supplied by us; or (e) in relation to any other liability, including any liabilities under sale of goods or supply of services legislation, that may not by applicable law be excluded or limited.
Events Beyond our Control
- We will have no liability to you for any delay in delivering goods you have ordered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion.
- If any part of these terms is unenforceable, the enforceability of any other part of these terms will not be affected.
Laws and Jurisdiction
- These terms are governed by English law, and any contracts formed between via this site will be governed by English law. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute relating to these terms or any contracts between us.
Warranty - 6 Month Manufacturer Warranty
- Your goods are covered under a 6 month warranty. This means after the initial 30 days after purchase, any manufacturing fault within 6 months be covered and will be repaired/replaced.
- Batteries are excluded from the warranty.
- The nitro engine glowplug, pull starter, worn-out brake disks, brake shoes, drive outputs; drive shafts, gears, bearings & belts are excluded from the warranty.
- When claiming under a warranty you are legally obliged to return the product or defective part to us for examination.
- We reserve the right for our engineers to check a returned model for any manufacturer fault before considering a refund or repair under warranty.
- Due to the nature of the products we sell and the environment they operated in, breakages can often occur therefore general wear and tear or any damage caused by misuse is not covered, this warranty covers you solely against manufacturing faults.
- If the product or parts are not covered by the warranty a quote will be supplied for repair or replacement and the cost of returning the product or parts back to you (please see repair service section for details). All warranty claim decisions are final.
- ALL REFUNDS ARE PROCESSED within 30 days - it is our aim to get your money refunded back to you as quickly as possible. No compensation payment or refund will be made for, but not limited to, disappointment, or time lost.
- An extended returns period may be accepted at certain times of the year or in exceptional circumstances however this is at our discretion and only if pre-agreed between us before purchase in writing.
Important Information - Please read before using your purchase
- Please check your item BEFORE USE. You should carry out checks and tests before using e.g. test all radio equipment including a range test. Our help pages and your manual will include information on what procedures to follow. If you require details on how to check your model before use please ask us, do not proceed to use your model until you are clear on the pre-checks needed.
- These models are NOT TOYS. If you have no experience with the model you have purchased you will need to do some research, e.g. if you have purchased a nitro model then as well as reading all the information on our site, and in the product manual, you should do some research on how to tune and set your engine and also how to check it before use. We will offer advice and help to newcomers as much as possible, but are unable to accept returns for items that have been damaged by incorrect use, from customers who are unable to adjust their models or from customers who have not fully checked their models before use
- Most proper RC models require some setup, even if they are pre-built. RTR means a model is fully built but it does not always mean that they can be used straight out of the box. For example, tightening screws and tuning engines is compulsory for all nitro cars. After reading through the instructions carefully, if you are not sure contact us via Facebook, Twitter, email or phone and we will aim to assist you.
- Please be careful when charging batteries. Some products may come fully charged already and so charging further could cause damage to them. If in doubt, please try first without charging and then only charge if there is no power.
- If you have purchased a model that requires some assembly, e.g. an aeroplane that requires the wings or electrics to be glue into place, always test the radio equipment first before glueing together. Do not assemble your model until you have tested the radio equipment.
- Please check that the receiver batteries and installed and working correctly before using a model. If the radio equipment is not functioning correctly and you use the model, it will do its own thing and crash. Please test before use.
- If you are having trouble with a model, the worst thing is to keep trying for hours. That could cause damage. Contact us for advice.
- Always charge batteries on heat proof surfaces. When putting batteries on charge or taking them off charge always keep the battery at arms length. Never let children handle batteries.
- Due to the nature of RC models and the environment they operate in, purchases may only be returned if brand new as sold, or if they have a manufacturing fault (excluding pullstart failures). If an item is used but develops a fault, it can be returned for repair/replacement.
- Please remember that the remote controlled models we sell are NOT TOYS, we recommend that the minimum age for all our models is 14 years old. We also advise that supervision be given to children above this age range and below 18. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure the safety of people and property around them when learning to use these vehicles.
Lithium Polymer batteries (LiPo, Li-Poly)
- Fire can be caused by: 'Overcharging' (wrong charger or charger setting, unbalanced battery load, charger fouled by poor power supply), charging a damaged cell or pack and short circuit (including crash damage).
- Cells or packs can be damaged by: Over discharging (running too flat and/or too hot, discharging an unbalanced battery load), short circuit and crash damage.
- Always charge a battery on a heat proof surface.
- Always charge on a surface that can not catch fire easily, concrete, steel etc...Do not charge on carpet, paper or any other items that can catch fire easily!
- Never over discharge your battery. What does this mean?
A. It means when you notice a power drop (when using your helicopter), stop! Immediately!
B. It also means disconnect your battery from the helicopter, even if you switch off the helicopter or transmitter and you leave it connected it will still discharge really slowly. Really slowly for a day is a lot!
C. If you over discharge and then charge again you may experience puffing. This is where the cells swell. If this happens you can never use the battery again. If you charge a puffed battery then expect a fire!
- Use the correct charger.
- Do not overcharge your battery. Always set a timer and don’t leave your battery charging un attended. If you do not know the charging time of your battery give us a call or email us before you attempt to charge.
- Lipo batteries are expensive and can be dangerous so need to be treated with care, if you need any help with charging email me us or give us a call.
- If the goods you receive are damaged you must inform us immediately, if you cannot get through on the phone you should email us straight away so this can be logged and the damage reported to the courier. We have to report any damage to couriers within 3 days of receipt or a claim cannot be raised. You are entitled to a reasonable opportunity to examine the goods and we would say that this is a reasonable amount of time for customers to have checked their goods for damage therefore any reports of damage or incomplete deliveries need to be reported within 3 days of receipt.
- We do not accept minor marks and damage on the packaging due to shipping and handling as a fault, but we will where possible attempt to replace the damaged item. This is at our discretion.
eBargainsdirect Ltd (trading as RC Toy World) is a company registered and with premises in England and is governed by English Law.
We reserve the right to change any prices or details on our site.
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
- The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
- Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
- Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
- Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
- ebargainsdirect Ltd is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us.
- For example, if a customer bought a new radio controlled car from us we would accept their old radio controlled car and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
- Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below: